Tumalog Falls is close to the whale shark center and an easy side trip once you are done swimming with the whale sharks.
It’s cheap and easily accessible to car/motorbike.
There are better waterfalls in cebu that are less busy and just as accessible as Tumalog. While I wouldn’t skip it if you have the time. If you are crunched for time, pick a different waterfall like Kawasan Falls.
How To Get To Tumalog Falls
Take a bus from the South Bus Terminal bound for Oslob.
Take the ferry from the port just north of town to Cebu and get a Tricycle to Oslob
Take a bus going South and transfer to the bus to Oslob
Take the national highway south from Cebu City to Oslob.
Drive time 2-2.5 hrs.
Where To Stay
- BCD’S Place, Brgy. Tan-awan, Oslob, Cebu, +639228736128, Loccated within the whale shark watching area.
- Brumini Beds and Beach Resort, Brgy. Tan-awan, Oslob, Cebu, +639339652200. Right across the street from the whales hark watching area.
- Ermi Beach Resort, National Highroad 1, Gawi, Oslob, Cebu, +639328449048. Located on the water with views of the neighboring islands
- GT Seaside Inn, San Jose St, Poblacion, Oslob, Cebu 6025, +63 32 4819023.
- Oslob Malonzo Pension House, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines, +639223201153
- Seafari Resort Oslob, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines, +63325131615
- MB Sunrise View Resort, National Highway, Tan-awan, Oslob 6025 Cebu, Philippines
- Hotel Sebastian, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines
- New Village Lodge, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines, +63 32 4819025
- Bluewater Sumilon Beach Resort, Sumilon Island, Bancogon, Oslob, Cebu, +63 32 3183129, Located on Sumilon Island. Starts at $160/night.
- Magics Place – Located between Oslob town and the whaleshark watching center.
Camping – With the help of a Filipino friend I managed to pay P150/night ($3) to camp here with my hammock.
The owners spoke almost no English so a local is needed to help arrange, ask someone in town and they should know the spot.
My Tumalog Falls Experience
I went to Tumalog falls as part of a package trip offered by my hotel in Oslob to see the whale sharks and the falls. The driver dropped us at the parking lot and we walked the 15 or so minutes down to the falls. It was still quite early, but there were already lots of people there taking pictures and swimming. It is a popular and easy to access spot for Filipino’s and foreigners. The water wasn’t too cold, but no where near the warm temperature of the ocean we were in earlier that morning.
Overall a nice quick visit and a perfect spot to cool off for a few minutes if you have opted for the motorbike tour of Cebu. It’s not the nicest waterfall on the island, but it’ll if you need a quick dip!